Friday, April 15, 2022

Day 156 : San Sebastian

I only had 1 night in San Sebastian, as it's not a very big city. So with a few hours left before heading to the night town, I headed out to do some additional sight seeing around San Sebastian

As I walked past the beach towards the old town, it looked like someone had been really busy on the beach.

I then headed up to Monte Urgull located near the old town. Monte Urgull was a military fortress in the 12th century, and took about 30 mins to climb. 
The walls of the Castilla de la Mota fortress played a key role in defending the city from siege. The views from up here were great! 

I took a different path to go down from Monte Urgull, passing by a bastion which had a view of the other side of San Sebastian

The Basque flag looked like it had gone through war!

The view from the Bastion was extremely windy, but with amazing views of Zurriola Beach below. 

I needed something quick so more Pintxos with Txakoli (clockwise from top)
Octopus with sour cream
Jamon Croquetta
Pork with Cheese rolled and then fried
Jamon with Cheese
Chorizo with padron pepper

And then more ice cream. The queue today was even longer than yesterday and took longer to clear, so much so that I had to rush to pick up my luggage and straight to the bus station. 
I was so close to missing my bus connection, with less than 5 mins left before the bus departs for Pamplona.

One day I may just miss my connection because of food! 😅

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 169 - 170 : Flight back to Singapore

I left Stefano's house at 7.45am to catch the 8.07am train to the airport, which later required switching to an airport shuttle from T2 ...