Sunday, February 20, 2022

Day 105 : Malta Millieha

My original plan was to visit Comino Island, but after checking into Paradise Bay Resort, I was just more keen on taking it easy and chill.

It was probably a good thing too, as it appears the ferries to Comino doesn't seem to run from the same place anymore, and when I looked at some websites, it appears more to be a place for swimming, and thus not so much a place to visit outside of the summer period.

So I chose to sleep in and then went to the indoor pool. It was crowded this morning, but when I took a swim in the pool, I couldn't stay long as there was a huge chlorine taste and smell the moment I dipped in.

I don't know how all those people didn't mind swimming in chlorine strong water.

After a shower and chilling in the hotel longer, I chose to leave the car at the hotel and take a walk into Mellieha to grab lunch.

The walk took 45 mins and took me through a side road into the farm lands.

And then a walk along the Mellieha Beach. 
By the time I ate my lunch, it was 2.45pm - Maltese Rabbit with salad and fries and local beer Cisk.

Rabbit appears to be a popular local dish here, as I see it on a lot of the menus.

Must be a lot of rabbits island hopping! 😂

On the way back I saw the Millieha Parish Church as well as the St. Agatha's Tower also known as the Red Tower - this was where they store the gun powder in the past.

And then another 45 mins walk back to the hotel, and just spent the time in the room relaxing.

Not too bad for chillaxing on a holiday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 169 - 170 : Flight back to Singapore

I left Stefano's house at 7.45am to catch the 8.07am train to the airport, which later required switching to an airport shuttle from T2 ...