Monday, March 14, 2022

Day 125 : Lisbon - Lagos

I was alerted of a metro strike that is taking place this morning till 9.30am. It meant I had to find an alternative way to get to the Oriente bus station, as I will be heading to Lagos on a 9.30am bus.

Thankfully the bus lines are pretty good too, and I hopped onto bus 728, and it took me 30 mins to get to the station. This was probably a much better way than metro too. If I had taken a metro, I would have had to change trains and there would be way too much stairs to navigate with luggage.

The bus to Lagos took about 4.5hrs, and I got lucky with a front panoramic seat - the trick was to wait and be one of the last few to board, especially if the bus isn't expected to be full.

The weather is starting to look gloomy and the weather forecast for the next few days was expected to have much rain. But just shortly after I arrived into Lagos at about 2.30pm, the sky cleared and was really sunny.

I was recommended to walk along the coast towards the light house, and then walk back inland. The entire route is expected to take about 3 hours.

So after quickly putting my bags down, I made my way to explore the town briefly, and passing a Fort near Lagos old town.

The walk was really pleasant and seeing all those cliffs towering over the beaches was quite a sight.

The walk took me past Praia dos Estudantes, Praia Do Pinhão, Praia de Dona Ana, Praia Do Camilo
I turned inwards briefly and found a place to buy a snack as I was starving, after having only a pastry for breakfast and snacking on nuts on the bus.

And finally to the lighthouse at Ponta da Piedade.

Sunset was expected to be even nicer around the bend, and so I continued walking along the boardwalk towards Miradouro da Praia do Canavial and found a spot to catch a beautiful sunset.

The walk back brought me through a couple of small towns including 1 chinese restaurant and I caved to finally eating at a Chinese restaurant after being on the road so long. 
Not wanting to be disappointed by a possibly bad Chinese place, I ordered a chicken rice noodles, which turned out to be beehoon. I have to say this is a decently good plate of beehoon, with slight wok hei.

I had to also take this pic on the way back as this is such a beautifully painted wall.

Super exhuasted after a long day and will explore more of the area tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 169 - 170 : Flight back to Singapore

I left Stefano's house at 7.45am to catch the 8.07am train to the airport, which later required switching to an airport shuttle from T2 ...